The Story

Here be a blog for only the important things in life. Nice. Guess it's a music blog, few film reviews chucked in there too - because I can...

Saturday 20 October 2012

Movie: Jiro Dreams of Sushi



I don't really like movies. I guess I do but I rarely watch them. I tend to find myself ineffectually searching IMDB for the perfect film to fit my mood at that time and, unsurprisingly, it rarely exists - or scores below 5 out of 10 which is probably worse.


The films I do like are generally documentaries. My logic stretches itself to believe that if it's a documentary then it is real thus I can watch it without feeling like a mug who's been lulled into thinking Hogwarts could be believable. That's MY logic, never said it made sense...
I'm waffling...

Recently I watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's ace. Not a lot happens but I found myself taking quite a lot away from the documentary which is based on an old Japanese sushi restaurateur who works his whole life in his restaurant located in a station on the Tokyo subway. 


Jiro's work ethic is almost unbelievable. He claims that should you work in a particular profession, you may as well dedicate your energy to perfecting your trade and trying to enjoy it as you do. If only life were that simple... 

Couple the most amazing looking food with stunning footage of one of the most undeniably fascinating cities in the world and you're onto a winner. Watch it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment